Sunday, October 16, 2016

pickin' pumpkins with my pumpkins








we took a family field trip to the Petersen Family Farm on Saturday evening to pick out some pumpkins for an upcoming halloween party. I know global warming isn't good for the environment and what not, but i'm really loving this warmer weather in late October. It was so perfect outside, I got hot in my light jacket -- wonderful I tell ya! 

Noah is becoming so alert and laughed for his first time on Friday night! It was music to my ears and I would be lying if I said I didn't get kind of emotional about it. It is so fun to see your baby hit milestones and begin to develop as they should. I worried about him for so long that he would take longer to develop than most babies because of how premature he was (I know he was only six weeks early, but that is still a lot to me). For some reason, I blame myself for him being so early - like I was doing something I shouldn't have, and because of me, he has had all of these issues. Its been hard for me to just understand the world is still turning and I need to just move past it, but I constantly feel bad about him being smaller and behind than most 4 month olds.. but he is doing so well and we are really proud of him. I mean, it could be so much worse and i'm counting my blessings every single day, I just feel bad sometimes. He has been finding his fist and constantly gnawing at it and along with that comes an immense amount of drool. You'll see in most of the pictures he has his fist in his mount, but i'm not complaining. 

He has hit his dreaded 4 month sleep regression. I didn't even know it was a thing until I was mentioning to my sisters that he all of the sudden won't nap and wakes constantly through the night. They unanimously responded, "ah! the 4 month sleep regression." Well, apparently its a thing and all over Google! why didn't my pediatrician tell me about this? anyway, the past week has been really rough on sleep, but i'm just planning on that being the entire first year.

gosh, good thing we love our little buddy. Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment