Sunday, December 27, 2015

Announcing....


this is such an exciting time for us. We have been going through a lot of "firsts" with this peanut growing inside of me. I have experienced more nausea and fatigue than I ever though possible; I would have this feeling my whole pregnancy though if it meant I have a healthy growing baby inside of me (PLEASE BLESS that doesn't happen). The first 12 weeks have been the worst, it took a lot for me to even do this announcement -- I wasn't originally going to do it until I found out the gender.. but here we are. I wish I could say that I was a rockstar, and that I was eating super healthy, exercising, doing kegal exercises 3x a day, drinking 10 glasses of water a day, etc... but i'm not. I barely feel like i'm getting nutrition in -- because I can't stomach most foods, I haven't gone on a walk/running for over two weeks, haven't attempted one kegal exercise, and I am dehydrated 24/7 (i'm scared of throwing up if I drink too much). I am just really happy to be starting my second trimester, i'm hoping symptoms calm down from here and that we can move forward with more energy!! we get to find out the gender in a couple of weeks and i'm so excited! I'm 99% sure what I know what it is -- Travis thinks i'm crazy.. but I know i'm right ;) We are so blessed and I cannot wait for my stomach to start growing and to see more of those really really fast heartbeats in more ultra sounds to come. It is such a surreal experience and I just can't wait for what is to come.

July 11th couldn't come soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I know that for me I was super determined to eat super healthy when I got pregnant, and then discovered that for the first 16 or 17 weeks I just could not stomach vegetables, was incredibly tired, threw up at work way more times than I like to remember, etc. Mid-second trimester things got a lot better for me, so I hope they do for you, too! But if not definitely don't beat yourself up over what you can and can't do -just do what you need to for yourself and your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are not feeling good, but also so happy for you and Travis. You are going to be great parents. I hope your mothers intuition is better than mine. I was 99% sure I was going to have a boy and instead got one girly girl! 😊

    ReplyDelete