Tuesday, January 27, 2015

lousy lupus



My friend, Janna was diagnosed with Lupus a couple of years ago and has been fighting a painful disease ever since. Lupus is an auto-immune disease that can affect you in so many ways, but Janna is a total trooper and is making the best of everything. She found an awesome support group with others that have Lupus, and invited me to one of their events. Those that have Lupus are really sensitive to the kind of food they can eat and most are gluten-free. I'm sure its been so hard to have to drop so many things you were eating to change to a complete gluten-free diet. I'm telling ya.. I really like that I can eat what I want, restricting that would be quite hard for me. 

We got the chance to meet some awesome people and it was so fun to watch Janna interact with others that shared her same story. I felt so grateful. We made gluten-free peanut thai soup and almond crusted chicken. It was so good! I have the recipe too, but am sad I won't be making it because husband doesn't like thai food.. blah... but it was so fun to go with her. Little does she know i've been wanting to take cooking classes for a long time, but they are so expensive! I'm quite obsessed with all tv shows that have to do with baking/cooking and my secret dream has always been to go to culinary school.. so if this is all I got to experience, then I am quite okay with it. The cooking class was held at the new beautiful Harmons by City Creek (freaking amazing that place is..) and they hold weekly cooking classes. The dietitian said you can find out more on the Harmon's website. I was so impressed how everything was handled and how professional they were. I will definitely be looking into going to more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment