Sunday, November 9, 2014

friendsgiving

This weekend we got to spend at my moms. Due to some construction at the Siebenhaar residence, we stayed with my mom to stay away from all of the noise. Besides the fact I forgot underwear, deodorant and hairspray, it was wonderful. Wait, who am I kidding. I am pretty crazy when it comes to my hygiene, so not having two of the three things I forgot was a bit difficult for me to live with. Who knew men's deodorant is actually a wonderful thing. It is so smooth and buttered my arm pits right up. I might just forget my deodorant every time we are away from home ;). 

I can't believe it is already November. I feel busier now than when I had a full time job and was going to school full time. I have done that ever since I was 18 and never thought anything could feel busier, but somehow I do. I think I saw the sunlight for the first time this weekend when we had our 4th annual friend Thanksgiving dinner. It was good to get out. We promised my little brothers we would be home in a couple of hours and I ended up talking for SIX hours. S-I-X. Poor Travis, he kept tapping on my shoulder and saying, "Hey, honey. I'm kind of ready to go whenever you are. Take your time though." and I would just forget about it! I'm a bit of a hermit and don't see friends much, so when I do, its like i've never talked to another human before. A girl needs her friends and I just forget how much I love them. They are all like sisters to me since I've known them for over 12 years now, and over the years we've all changed so much. Then you start to become best friends with some of them you never hung out with in high school. Its crazy to see your interest change and evolve to the interest of others that just bond you like glue. Its fantastic. We had a great time. Travis spent most of his time playing pool and stressing himself out over the U/Oregon game. (seriously, did you see that game though??)

I have been pretty sick for the last week and a half. I haven't had an inch of physical exercise and can I tell you? it felt wonderful. It is nice to give my legs a break. When I started to feel a bit better, I went on a quiet walk by myself in this crisp, cool air. I said goodbye to fall and thought about all kinds of things I would rather do than see snow fall on the ground. I know, I know.. its the season! but living in Utah my entire life and then going to Russia for four months where I could throw hot water in the air and it would freeze, im kind of over being in cold seasons. I just wish the weather could stay, uh, maybe in the high 60's/70's? thatd be super cool.. but Utah decideds to punish me when I talk bad about it.. so.. i'll stop. Maybe it won't be too bad of a winter this year. 

Happy November!

our introduction-to-November picture. Its a bit blurry, because my iphone is awesome that way.
 
^My walk. I told you, saying goodbye to fall is the hardest thing I do all year!^ (obviously joking.. but you can relate, right??)

No comments:

Post a Comment