Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cheers to the freakin' weekend



OH HI!!  is it really only Thursday?!

I have sold my soul to school, but I couldn't be happier. I love learning and i'm grateful for the exposure it gives me to the world. I've been amazed at the topics Travis and I talk about that get brought up from being in both of our classes. School gives us a whole different aspect of our marriage that I am proud to have. Even though its only my second week of school, I know its going to be a great semester. I guess i'm mostly writing this post because my heart is full for the blessings I have in my life. When Travis' grandpa died, I was able to reflect upon the kind of man he was by many family memories as well as stories of his sweet wife. He risked everything to escape being a german soldier in World War 2 to come to America to be a free man and have the ability to have an education. I was inspired to continue my education because of what he risked escaping in Germany to be here and give his posterity the education they deserve. Thank you school for consuming my life, but thank you for also teaching me skills to be a better wife, sister, daughter, friend and even mother some day.

Cheers to the freakin' weeking. I definitely need it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment