Sunday, December 29, 2013

holding onto Christmas













I don't know about you, but the Holidays were extra good to us this year. I can't express how blessed we are. My heart is full of gratitude as I have really dedicated my time this year to understanding the real meaning of Christmas. Not that I haven't understood what it has meant in the past, but for some reason it's been drastically different to me the past couple years of marriage. Service has a whole new meaning to me. I think that you get to a point in your life where YOU have to control who you are going to be and how you want to get there. It is such a special time of year where you can reflect on the close of the year and prepare yourself for a new one. My mother-in-law sat us down on Christmas and asked if we would all write something down that we would like to work on this upcoming year that has to do with Christ. We wrote it all down on a paper and then folded them up. She then put them in a stocking and hung it on the wall, telling us this will be hung all year to serve as a reminder of what we wrote down. It's going to be really cool next year to read our goals out to the family and report on how well we did with the goal we set. It was an inspiring Christmas to say the least. This upcoming year is going to be a big year for us. We have a lot of things in store and I am THREE semesters away from graduating. I was accepted into the upper division business school at the University of Utah and I don't have much left until i'm done. I'm going to relax this next week preparing myself for the workload i'll have between work and school. The Holiday's are always good to us and i'm truly thankful for all the family I was able to be surrounded by. I hope you guys had an awesome time, too!!

Happy New Year!!

1 comment: