Sunday, October 6, 2013

Dear Fall, I'm falling for you.












If there is a time of the year that I love the most, it's definitely October. The fall leaves, the brisk air (especially for running), pumpkin flavored everything and the beginning to all the fall holidays. Although my optimism has been a requirement from Travis lately, I still hate that snow is coming. All I can do is enjoy the current beauty of all the fall atmosphere.

 Oh and can I add that my favorite part about fall is knowing how Disneyland is decorated? I usually make a habit of making a trip once a year during October. Speaking of which, i'm going with my friends in a couple of weeks. When I approached Travis to ask him if he wanted to go, he said, "That'll be so fun for you, go ahead!" If you didn't catch that, in a discrete way he made it known to me that Disneyland was the last place he wanted to visit right now. I'm glad he's so supportive of my Disney obsession (thank you, mom!), but he told me if I wanted to "play hard" I needed to "work hard." I have been working 12 hour shifts like crazy, attempting to donate plasma (which i'll never do again, because I passed out), and Travis' mom has a million things for me to sell around the house that she is giving me profit on! so lets just say, I have "worked hard." The cherry on top is that I won an award at work that just handed me a couple Benjamin's. 

The point of this whole post is not to brag about how much money i've been able to make on the side because of Disneyland, but i've learned a lot about myself the past couple weeks as i've been working my butt of for something I really want. Sure, its completely nonsensical. I mean, who else works this hard for a trip to Disneyland?? But i'm grateful to have the opportunity in life to work hard for something. Just like this hike we took, i'm so grateful to have a body that I can push to new limits to be rewarded with a breathtaking view. I think I take many things for granted in my life and it's time to start appreciating the opportunities that have been given to me in this life. I need to pick up a sewing class, cooking class, acting class or maybe even a yoga class. I'm not sure how I feel about any of those, but what is this life for if we aren't willing to try new things. I encourage you to take a hike this week in our incredible mountains, or push yourself to do something you've always wanted to do but haven't gotten the guts to do it. Call me up, I will go do anything with you :) But seriously, it feels so great to just get out there and do something that isn't just in "your" ordinary. You can probably get some pretty fun pictures while you are at it, too. The picture at the bottom of this post is something created yesterday on my phone and thought it was fun!  Hope you have a great weekend!

**also, why am I so computer illiterate? I cannot figure out how to make my blog private? When I added all the email address', it says "incorrect or invalid email." grrrr. Maybe i'll make the annoying conversion to word-press, it seems to be a better alternative than blogger.** 


5 comments:

  1. Love this post, Erin. So many things I want to say -

    Since I'm not in school, I feel like I want to tackle so many new things, just like you're talking about! Take classes, learn things, etc. I'm taking a Swedish class right now and it's great. I want to try yoga.

    I loooove fall too, and your pictures make me miss the Utah mountains! I hope you'll post lots of pictures this fall so I can live through you.

    Can't wait for your Disney pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures!!! You are a great photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures! I can't believe I haven't made it up to the mountains yet this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop it right there girl. You are making me miss Utah waaaay too much! I want to hop on a plane right now! It looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete