Friday, July 26, 2013

When I turn 80..





^someone else took this picture, and they happened to do it with their eyes closed. I guess what?? they made our foreheads look lovely.



As I was cropping these pictures, I couldn't help but sing these lyrics:

When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now,
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine? (or water, of course)

If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door,
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four?

And if any of you know, these are the lyrics to the Beatles. Seriously we can even change that sixty-four to even thirty-four.. because i'm scared of growing up. Will I be able to look back at my life and say i've accomplished everything I wanted to? Well I know one person did. That is Travis' grandma, not only was there are full on disneyland-wait time to say hi to her, but there were also five tables FULL of memorabilia 
of the things she has accomplished in her life. She turned 80 a few weeks ago, and we had the pleasure of attending her birthday party (I promise there were more people/food that i'll ever hope for on my own birthday). She is such a sweet lady. I'm grateful to know her and her amazing example of taking life by the horns. Sweet day's like this sure make me rethink the way i'm living my life. I know I say that a lot, but what is life about if you aren't constantly striving to be better, try something new, accomplishing a goal.. or maybe just trying to pry your eye balls away from reality tv. Darn you, Bachelorette. 

Anyway,
Happy 80th to Travis' sweet grandma!


1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures, Erin! I am scared of getting older too. At least we will grow old together. -Court

    ReplyDelete