Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Gramps


So here is my Grandpa. He is kind of amazing. I got to spend some time with him the other day, and I couldn't help but feel extremely guilty. Recently I've had a couple of close friends lose a loved one, and after spending some time with them, i've realized I've been so selfish. I haven't taken time to go visit him when I should. I mean.. the man used to come over just to say hello, sit me down and ask me about my dreams and aspirations. I would tell him all the time of my dream of being an actress (because i've wanted to act since I was a little girl.. still wish I would have taken a class for fun) and he always told me to pursue it. Still to this day, he asks "you still going to be on the big screen one day, sweetheart?" always hoping I would have gone for my dream. I look back and laugh at it now, but it just pulls at my heart strings that he's always cared so much about my life. I've made it a goal for myself to go visit him once a week (If not more.. seriously). He deserves it. I never want to look back once someone is gone and wonder why I didn't take the time to care more, to be more involved in the lives of those I love. because I don't do it enough and he means the world to me.
To the man who was in the TV industry for almost all his life, met every president since Roosevelt, claims Dr pepper as being "the nectar of the gods", a stroke and heart attack survivor, author of two books, and one who has enough black hair to make a balding man jealous.

I love you gramps. 

I seriously do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment