Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Baby Bump - Week 18 (size of a grapefruit!)



How Far Along? 18.5 weeks!  

Maternity Clothes? Yes. I purchased this awesome black maternity skirt for work and it basically feels like I’m lounging in sweats. The only thing I’m finding uncomfortable at this point is my non-maternity work pants. Usually when I get to work I unbutton them and sit feeling free as an eagle – I need to buy some maternity work pants soon.   


Sleep? Same as 16 weeks. I have to go to the bathroom at least 1-2 times a night. Other than that, I’m sleeping great. I’m so tired by 8:00-8:30pm every night. I am getting all the sleep I can get before our baby comes.  


Best moment this week? our 18 week appointment. We were able to get it confirmed that we are having a boy and heard his rapid heartbeat. Our doctor told us that he is extremely active. He wouldn’t stop kicking his legs and fist pumping my uterus during the ultra sound – we have a kickboxing champ on our hands here folks!


Weird pregnancy moment? They say you have major “pregnancy brain” when you are expecting. You tend to easily forget many things. I’ve always prided myself in my memory – I remember everything! However, if someone at work asks me what so and so employee called me about, I’ll forget within seconds of hanging up with them. I swear its pregnancy because this has never happened to me before.


Movement: YES. I was laying in my room one night watching some reality TV, and I felt his sweet movements clear as flipping day. No more flutter, I felt some serious movement. I yelled for Travis to come to the bedroom, determined he would feel it too if he placed his hand on my stomach.. of course he stopped moving right as Trav tried to feel. I felt like such a baby, I just sat there and cried. I really can’t explain how cool it is to feel your baby move.


Food Cravings: No food cravings. I do usually have to get up when I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and eat a fruit of some kind. I will feel so nauseous if I don’t eat something when I wake up (usually 1 or 2am haha). Pears have been my best friend lately.
 
Anything making you queasy? Nope. I’m thoroughly enjoying that all foods sound great to me.  


Gender: still a little boy J. We can’t wait for our sweet little Noah bean to arrive!


What I'm looking forward to: our 20 week appointment. It’s coming up and we will get to check out all his anatomy – including his tiny heart chambers! I find this so fascinating. I can’t wait, I LIVE for my doctor appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment