Saturday, October 18, 2014

Living for Autumn




Hey blog of mine. Its been a little bit, hasn't it? Forgive me, this thing called 'life' has gotten in the way and I haven't really forgiven it either. Here we go again, let me catch up on the things I haven't told you.

hoodies, hot cocoa, boots, jeans, cuddling, crisp air, flushed cheeks, food (do I really need to elaborate on all the goodness that starts coming out during the holidays??) and fall leaves. I'm so grateful I life in a state that actually has Octobers. I've had the chance to be in different countries during the month of October, and let me tell you, Utah is a good place to be during this time. You aren't supposed to be able to wash your car in your swim suit during this time of year, i mean, its just a SIN! 

It was LDS General Conference (It was a good one.) a couple of weekends ago and during the Saturday night Preisthood session my mom and I got to spend some quality time together. I was really craving some fall leaves, but we aren't really getting great color this year. Don't get me wrong, it all still looks beautiful! BUT, i'm a nut during October and spend hours in the mountains trying to find a good patch of trees. This year I haven't had as much success, but I still have loved the time I have spent in our beautiful mountains. It was good being with my mom and i'm thankful for the time I have with her. She lost her mom at a young age due to breast cancer and I yearn for the emptiness she sometimes feels having lost her twin sister and mom so early in life. I definitely try to take advantage of the time I have with my mom because I know how much she wishes she had that. Even though I hated the camera in my face growing up, i'm so glad she taught me how to capture moments through a lens. I love you mom. 

Thank you, Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment