Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Baby Bump - Week 24 (as long as an ear of corn!)


How Far Along? 24 weeks 3 days


Maternity Clothes? I'm still fitting in all my pre-pregnancy clothes with the exception of my pants. I can no longer button those guys up. Can we all take a second and have a moment of silence for maternity jeans? they are currently making my world go round.  

Sleep? it has been a little rough lately. I have been getting an awful nights rest the past few nights. I blame it mostly on my rising body temperature -- sleeping with ice packs and the window wide open (sorry Travis!!). Please don't judge me for this, but I finally resorted to a Tylenol PM (safe, don't worry!) last night and I still couldn't sleep! it is safe to say that I am not looking forward to the many restless nights ahead of me.


Best moment this week? since I haven't updated the blog since week 18, I'm going to say the best moment since then was Travis feeling him kick for the first time. It was really funny because I swear the kid was somersaulting in my stomach. When Travis placed his hand on my belly, he said he felt his whole body "slither" across his palm. haha! he pulled his hand away so fast and yelled "oh man! that is so freaky!" I guess I wasn't expecting him to react that way, but he still said it was really cool :) He has been feeling him daily now since.  

Weird pregnancy moment? should we change weird to embarrassing?! this may be TMI guys, so be prepared. I feel so bloated 24/7 and naturally, the only way to relieve this stomach pain is by the insurmountable amount of gas that seems to be in me. I was in a meeting at work the other day and I just let one rip. well, I didn't know it was happening until it happened.. I have no control over my own bodily functions. I was humiliated. Seriously, it was awful. Oh and I've peed twice while sneezing. Don't get me wrong, it is all worth it.. but I will never forget. can you imagine!?

Movement: ALL DAY every day. The kid never stops kicking. Every time we go to the OB, he is sitting straight up with his little bum right on top of my bladder. weirdest thing ever and it makes me pee every 30 minutes when he does.  

Food Cravings: nope. I can honestly say that I haven't ever "craved" anything during this pregnancy. I thought I was weird until my OB told me that "cravings" were a myth.. I felt more normal after that.  

Anything making you queasy? Yes. When Travis and I go to the gym, I run on the treadmill in the cardio cinema room.. which is a dark enclosed room that plays a movie. I smell others body odors so strongly now, which makes me cut my workouts short. I don't know if this is necessarily related to pregnancy, but I've noticed it lately! 

What I'm looking forward to: Our 25 week appointment in a few days! We have to re-do our anatomy scan because he, surprise!, sitting on my bladder and they couldn't get everything they needed. I really do live for those appointment. It makes my heart so happy to see his little body up on that screen. Technology is the coolest thing! oh, and we officially have his car seat, running stroller, rockaroo, and crib! I'm so looking forward to using all of this equipment for our babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment