Monday, September 21, 2015

Caribbean Crusin'

heeeelllllooooo!!

Travis and I just returned from a 10 day excursion in the Caribbean. We have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of September for quite some time now. September was the month that Travis returned after four months of being in San Francisco, the month we would celebrate our 4th anniversary, and the month we would venture on our year planned cruise to celebrate my birthday, our graduations, and anniversary. This vacation lived up to everything we hoped it would be. Travis, being a virgin cruiser, was so excited to embark. I have fond memories of a cruise I took when I was younger. My parents split up siblings with vacations, and Courtney and I got to take an awesome cruise together to the Bahamas. Nostalgia hit me like a ton of bricks while I was a board, bringing me back to such fond memories when we were one big happy family. I'm so happy we did this cruise. We spent our entire time laughing until our bellies hurt (okay, maybe that was from the food..), and displayed enough PDA for the entire ship to throw up. 

Royal Caribbean was an incredible cruise line to go with. All i'm saying is Carnival was sailing right behind us out of Puerto Rico and their ship caught on FIRE!!! they had to port in St. Maarten right away and fly all of their guests home. Apparently that was their second ship that had caught fire this year. Heck, if i'm going to sail the Caribbean, i'm going to do it right! We had the best service, food, entertainment, incredible fluffy sheets and pillows, and let me tell you.. they put drugs in their breakfast sausage!! not really.. but I easily consumed 10 every morning. I just can't get enough of how much fun we had. We met some good friends -- young and old, who helped us have a great time as well. 

We went to five islands. St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Johns, St. Lucia, and Barbados. After debating back and forth for a couple of months, I decided not to take my camera. Travis' sister allowed us to take her Go Pro and that thing is a pot of gold. I'm seriously debating selling all of my camera equipment and buying a Go Pro instead. It takes amazing pictures and quite the quality of video. There was a lot I didn't get around to taking video of (like our first airbnb experience -- eek!), but you get the gist of the good time that we had. I'm missing so much detail, but thats why I love video. It captures the moment so much differently than pictures. 

Now that i'm home, I'm definitely feeling the backlash at work! logged into my computer to 146 emails that I missed over the course of a week, 12 voicemails, and my dying succulent plant :( but it feels good! so glad to come home to a job, especially one that is sending me to L.A. for a three day work conference this upcoming week (yes, that means disneyland..) and I just can't get enough of how lucky I am to have the job I do. Travis and I have so much life planning to do.. I swear, we are like two twelve year old kids just trying to figure out what clubs to form with our friends next, but this growing up thing? I'm not sure. Celebrating our 4th anniversary was funny, we talked about where we've gone and where we are going.. I was just like, do I really have to think about the fact that i'll be thirty in five short years?? I mean, shoot! I still feel like a teenager, and all my mommy friends out there -- I don't know how you do it. Sooo.. here's to life and me not wanting to figure out where life is taking us next. haha it can be so exciting, but scary.. I don't want to face the scary. 

enjoy the video and million Go Pro selfies!! and feel free to grab your barf buckets again. i'm serious when I say that I need to invest in a stabilizer.

**Make sure to press the HD button in the bottom right of the video before playing! you'll have a much better experience :)**








^^i'm not a bikini wearer.. you can tell because my stomach is so much whiter than the rest of my body. I looked like a tanning job gone bad.^^



















1 comment:

  1. Okay... you are so darling!! I am so jealous of your trip! It looked AMAZING!! And you are so dang tiny, I am jealous of that too! I am glad that you and Travis got to have so much fun together. Looks like your lives are just getting dreamier. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete