Sunday, September 14, 2014

three years is worth celebrating

In two short days, Travis and I will be celebrating our third anniversary. I cannot believe we are entering our fourth year! that just seems so surreal to me. If you would have asked me three years ago where I would be now, I would say a whole bunch of things that aren't happening in my life. Ha, I tend to be an overachiever when it comes to setting goals. Do I ever reach them? well.. occasionally. I'll tell you what though. The goal I made as a pre-puberty girl, it came true. One day I hoped I would get married to someone I loved as much as Topanga and Cory loved each other on Boy Meets World. I knew it existed and I wanted it. So badly. Fast forward to my pre-graduation days and my goals drastically changed. My life was a bit of a mess and I didn't know if I wanted to get married. I had pain in my heart for what I saw as love in a marriage and I never wanted to go through it. ever. This kid named Travis Siebenhaar, he changed that. It took me a while to know that I wanted to risk it all. I read book after book trying to find that little thing that would spark inside of me saying, "its okay! you can get married! you'll be fine!." I was scared and just didn't know if I knew what I was doing. I didn't get some crazy revelation shot down at me with a love arrow telling me, "this is it!!." I trusted in myself and finally realized no one can decide my love or future. I was in love. I knew it was right. I am so glad that through all my thoughts about love and marriage through my life that I did it. and that I married Travis. My heart is so full of gratitude this anniversary. It seems to be so different than the others. Anyway, sorry to be so sappy.. but it was really on my mind today.

If you saw my birthday post, you know what Travis did for me. Since our anniversary is only a few weeks later, I wanted to show him my memories favorites. I don't have many pictures for it, because for the first time.. I REALLY tried to not have the camera in our faces. I even grounded my phone from coming out of my purse.. but of course it apologized and I let it come out a few times. I couldn't resist. We spent the evening going to places that mean a lot to me. Dined at the place we first ate (on our first date!), to the place he took me to propose (which consisted of a couple places so that took a while!) and then finally to the temple. Where we were sealed for time and all eternity. I wrote him clues that were poems for each place. I am not a poet and I really do know it. (ah ha! see what I did there? ;)) it was such a blast to hang out with my honey. Can't wait for the anniversaries for the rest of our lives together. I just know each one will be more special than the last. 



^^I can't ever get him away from those penguins^^

1 comment: