Saturday, September 13, 2014

and i'll be cleaning mud out of my ears for days

Back in April, M'Liss and I signed up to run the Dirty Dash. The Dirty Dash is a mud run obstacle course where a military boot camp meets your inner five-year-old’s fantasy. We endured up mountains of sludge, had courage to overcome uncompromising obstacles, and a complete lack of shame to wallow in pits of mud. I promise my shoes almost fell of 100 times. It took us an hour from start to finish to run THREE miles. We were laughing so hard. Did I mention we were stuck in the mud, like legitimately stuck? we had a few helpful hands along the way that I was very grateful for. 

We got to spend the night in the mountain side Marriott in Park City the night before. Some friends have a timeshare and weren't able to use it! so last minute we got to drive up, lounge in hot tubs, play games, watch a movie and cuddle ourselves to sleep. M'Liss and Parker were able to come up and join us. After all, this place was massive and we could've thrown a late night party in it.. or something. So glad I could experience all of this with one of my best friends. I can never thank those two enough for the friends they have always been to me. So when M'Liss told me I needed to do this race with her, of course I was in!! 

Much needed time away with lions with solid hearts of gold. If you ever get the chance, please ruin your hair, nail beds and eyeballs as they get filled with mud and run this race. Totally worth!  Now.. back to homework. Have a good weekend!










No comments:

Post a Comment