Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving




This year for Thanksgiving it was our year to be with Travis' family. I probably shouldn't say this, but those years always leave me a TID BIT disappointed that I can't be with mine. I'm selfish that way. Don't get me wrong, I love Travis' family, but there is just something about age old tradition and your moms heavenly cheese salad that just makes you want to be "home." There were some family medical emergencies that prevented Travis' family getting together the day of Thanksgiving. We decided to do it a week earlier, which left Thanksgiving day open for us to be with my family. Since my mom had plans with my step-dad's family, we didn't know what we were going to do. Sushi? we would be completely fine starting our own tradition. Considering that's what starting a family is all about. New traditions, right?? Well my dad flew into town last minute and my sister Kylee decided to host the party at her house. It was such a good weekend full of laughs, pie eating contest (<-- not really... I just ate too much of it so I might as well say it was a contest and I won!!) ;) I missed my mom not being able to be with everyone, but I know that she would have wanted to be with us too. She'll just have to make it up to me by making me some of her amazing dishes I missed out on. This thanksgiving I also took some time to really reflect on what i'm thankful for. I will admit, I shed some tears to Travis because it still breaks my heart that my family can't be together all at once. I know that this "separated" family has been hard on everyone, but I cannot be grateful enough for the closeness it's given my siblings and I. It makes me emotional about how lucky I am to be apart of such an incredible family and to have parents that both love us unconditionally. I know that there are people around the world that didn't even get to eat on Thanksgiving, or on any day on that fact. I cannot even complain about ANY trials i've been through because there are people going through much worse. I'm so humbly grateful for the trials I have been given. Heavenly Father sure has been nice to me and given me so much in this life to thank him for. Today was a good day and I hope you had a good one, too.


Happy Weekend!

1 comment: