Wednesday, October 23, 2013

my home away from home












^^^ Seriously, could you die? there were other people taking picture of this as well. oh and right after of taking a picture of it myself I ran into a pole.. good day^^^

Its true. I'm obsessed. Not only is this my second Disneyland trip with these two crazies, but my THIRD time with Nicole. We love it and I honestly love traveling with these two. I laughed until I cried every single day. Even though their definition of fun didn't include Mark Twain row boats, or swings I made them ride TWICE, i'm glad they put up with my wishes. We ate way too many churros, cookies, and cream cheese filled pretzels. We spoiled ourselves with fancy dinners and with an amazing hotel (disney hotel might I add..) I loved being within walking distance! Working all those 12 hour shifts paid off and it was a vacation I really needed. I'm always reminded when i'm with my friends about how much I miss them. I am so happy with Travis that I always tell him I don't care if I ever saw a friend again because he is all that matters. However, having friends in your life is so important. They make you smile and laugh in a way that your spouse cannot. I don't know how to describe it, but i'm thankful for friends in my life that care. Friends that make it a goal to do things for me that they necessarily dont want to do. Oh, and maybe i'll do things I don't want to do, such as watch American Horror Story. Terrifying new TV show, I don't encourage anyone to start watching. The point is, I had the time of my life. I am so thankful for a husband that works extremely hard to let me do the things I want to do. A husband who packed healthy and unhealthy snacks for my plane ride and also got up at 6 to make me breakfast the day I left. I am so lucky I could just scream. 
Disneyland, you get me everytime. I'm so thankful for the incredible memories you've created for me with my family and friends.

I can't wait to go next October with my family when my baby brother gets off of his mission from Los Angeles. It'll be such an amazing trip and I already feel my love handles growing from all the treats i'll be eating!

3 comments:

  1. I love DISNEYLAND SO MUCH! I think I appreciate it more now, than I did as a kid. These pictures make me want to go back SO bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures - I haven't been to Disneyland in a few years and this made me miss it so much!!

    I also really like what you said about friends. I've had a hard time making friends since moving back East - having to completely start from scratch in that area is hard when I've always had the same friends for years and years. I have times when I really tell Jeff that I don't want/need any friends. it will just be me and him out here and I don't care. But you are right, we really do need friends in our lives still. They help enrich our lives even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. And love you. And I, too, love my friends. Looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete