Thursday, September 5, 2013

New York, Day 3.











it's no lie I love New York. I look back at this day and wish so badly I could go back. I wish I could go back and not have taken the whole "meeting taza" thing so seriously. I have had so much reflecting on that situation and I just realized it isn't worth it. It's not worth it to have these infatuations with people you don't know, to look up to someone you have never met, to be jealous of someone because they look a certain way or have a certain lifestyle. The truth is, they are like me and you. They struggle like me and you, they have ugly days like me and you, they sometimes have the entire day off and need to clean the house, but watch TV all day instead like me and you (or maybe just me.) However, I also realized something about myself. I am absolutely the most sensitive person you'll ever meet. So what if people say they would have reacted the same way I would have, I point blank need to stop letting my emotion come over me. i'm just simply embarrassed. I took life too seriously that day and I couldn't have been in a more magical city with my absolute best friend. I can't believe how lucky I am to have someone who spent that whole day being a goofball just to make me in the best mood I could be in. If that meant dancing down the street on manhattan looking like a fool, or maybe picking up a flower from a random street corner and giving it to me in a french accent, or maybe even encouraging me to talk to a certain stranger that looks like they need a friend. Point is, I need nothing in my life besides my  husband and my family. I honestly want to cry thinking about how lucky I am. We all have our bad days and I just want to say that I can't judge or assume that anyone is a mean or bad person because of the way they acted one day, because i'm sure that if I was a celebrity, my phone number would probably be 1-800-biotch. Not that I mean to, but you never know who is watching and it truly made me realize to just be happy all the time, smile at a stranger, give back 100%, and dont expect a thing back. I promise I think we will all be better if we do just that. 

Oh and in the mix of my journal writing, did I say I love central park? People have asked me what my favorite part about this trip was and I said riding the boats in central park with Travis. Oh goodie. I already can't wait to go back in November.

See you soon, New York. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful post, Erin. You have always been the bigger person and such an example. I hope the end of this post is a confirmation that you are coming to New York with me!

    ReplyDelete