Saturday, August 31, 2013

Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan, New York Day 1










Well, I have to confess. I have a 1323948 pictures from New york, and I don't know how i'm going to post all of them! I really do want to share them, because I love sharing pictures. I will probably do like five posts about New York. 

The first day we drove over to Brooklyn. I wanted to go to Brooklyn, because even though I had been before, there is just something breathtaking about walking the Brooklyn bridge and being able to see the New York City skyline. It was such a beautiful day, so we walked around the sea port while licking our melting ice cream cones. As we were over walking around we encountered Jane's Carousel (read about here). I couldn't help but dream living in the city and walking across the bridge to this beautiful park to celebrate birthday parties for my future children or even just walking around with Travis. Having lived in Russia and China, I have such a desire to discover the beautiful things in my own country. I am so grateful there is so much history in Brooklyn and New York, it's so intriguing to learn about all of it. Jane's carousel just reminded me of the small and simple things that people can create on their own to make something beautiful. It definitely made me want to have more of a creative eye. 

We finally walked the Brooklyn bridge over to lower Manhattan. It was a long (1-mile) walk in the heat. However, the sites were breathtaking. We saw many business-men and women riding their bicycles from Brooklyn into New York City. What a commute, but are you kidding? I would ride my bike to work everyday if I got to see that amazing skyline as well! Ah, it made me want to put on my running shoes and just run. Beautiful places and beautiful weather inspire me to run. Travis thought I was so weird to say that, but I have been running for so long it's like a drug for me. Dont even get me started on when we walked through central park. :) that's for another blog post though. It was a long day of walking and site seeing! i'm hoping to collaborate all of my videos from our trip and make a fun movie out of it, but for now, i'll share my little bits and pieces of my pictures. 





2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to go to NYC. I hope one day I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you taza post go? I wanted to show it to my frend who is obsessed. Ha.

    ReplyDelete